Why Choose Us
Computer Science courses (CS courses) are offered by the Computer Science department. The department is committed to provide students and the community with the training, academic studies, and valuable hands-on experience necessary for employment in the Information Technology industry. To ensure current and relevant curriculum in this dynamic field and further its commitment to excellence, the department actively pursues partnerships with state and area employers, other colleges and baccalaureate institutions, and advisory committee members from IT related fields.
Students may earn a two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree, which has eight options: Information Technology, Internet Specialist, Database Administrator, Cyber Security, Network Administrator, Programming and Software Development, Help Desk Technician, and Multimedia. Furthermore, students may earn one of the many certificates which are a subset of a two -year degree. Students may also earn a four-year Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Cyber Security or Information Technology.
Computer Science Program Outcomes:
- Graduates will be able to analyze a problem, identify, and define the computing tools and techniques relevant to its solution.
- Graduates will be able to develop an efficient algorithm to solve a given problem.
- Graduates will be able to recognize and define concepts of computer systems, database systems, security, hardware, software, programming languages and networks.
- Graduates will understand the professional, ethical, and societal issues and responsibility.
- Graduates will be able to write, present, and use interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, and co-workers.
IT Degrees & Certificates
2600 North 20th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Phone: (509) 547-0511